(B) Bill Gates has recently announced the launch of the Breakthrough Energy Ventures (BEV) fund, a fund that will invest over $1 billion in scientific breakthroughs that have the potential to deliver cheap and reliable clean energy to the world. Key technology investment themes will be based, in particular in reducing the biggest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions around the world such as:
- Electricity: How can we deliver reliable, affordable zero-carbon electricity to the world?
- Buildings: How can we eliminate emissions from our homes, offices, hospitals, and schools?
- Manufacturing: How can we make everything we use without emitting greenhouse gases?
- Transportation: How can we get around our communities and the world without emitting carbon?
- Food: How can we feed the planet without contributing to climate change?
Note: The picture above is the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
Copyright © 2005-2016 by Serge-Paul Carrasco. All rights reserved.
Contact Us: asvinsider at gmail dot com.
Categories: Venture Capital