(E) Such a sad story! The doctor who tried to warn China about the coronavirus – Doctor Li Wenliang – has died from the virus.
In the Washington Post: “Chinese doctor who tried to raise alarm on coronavirus in Wuhan dies on ‘front line’ of medical fight“
A more detailed portrait of Doctor Wenliang and his achievements in Wikipedia.
From Wikipedia, his messages in the “Wuhan University Clinical Medicine 2004” WeChat group on 30 December 2019:
- Li: There are 7 confirmed cases of SARS at Huanan Seafood Market
Li: (Picture of diagnosis report)
Li: (Video of CT scan results)
Li: They are being isolated in the emergency department of our hospital’s Houhu Hospital District
- Someone: Be careful, or else our chat group might be dismissed
- Li: The latest news is, it has been confirmed that they are coronavirus infections, but the exact virus is being subtyped
- Li: Don’t circulate the information outside of this group, tell your family and loved ones to take precautions
- Li: In 1937, coronaviruses were first isolated from chicken…
Source: screenshots in The Beijing News report
Note: The picture above is Doctor Li Wenliang – by Source, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=63046734.
Copyright © 2005-2020 by Serge-Paul Carrasco. All rights reserved.
Contact Us: asvinsider at gmail dot com