(E) Those are just a few insane climate anomalies or probably better stated, the new typical climate conditions that we have witnessed this year across the globe.
What kind of future, we might have in the next 3, 5, or 10 years? It is so frightening!
- December 2021: Ice shelf holding back keystone Antarctic glacier within years of failure
- January 2022: Earth’s 6th-warmest January on record
- March 2022: Extremes of 40 C above normal in the Antarctic
- March 2022: The Amazon forest losing its characteristics of a rainforest
- June 2022: Upcoming heatwaves: 50°C summers in France?
- July 2022: Accelerated western European heatwave trends linked to more-persistent double jets over Eurasia
- August 2022: Fires in the Amazon are out of control. Again.
- August 2022: Pakistan emits less than 1% of the world’s planet-warming gases. It’s now drowning
At the same time with those climate anomalies, we are continuing our path to generate more CO2:
- December 2021: Coal-fired power generation is set to reach an all-time high in 2021
- December 2021: L’empreinte carbone moyenne d’un Français par an: 9,9 tonnes CO2 equivalent
And to make things even worse:
And, there will be probably food that we will forget soon:
- IPCC: AR6 Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change – April 2022
- IPC: AR6 Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability – February 2022
- IPC: AR6 Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis – August 2021
Note: The picture above is from the Point Lobos state natural reserve.
Copyright © 2005-2022 by Serge-Paul Carrasco. All rights reserved.
Contact Us: asvinsider at gmail dot com
Categories: Environment, Global Warming